Call us and tour today.

Schedule A Model Tour Today.

Schedule Your Model Tour & Learn About Our Limited-Time Incentives


Below are answers to commonly asked questions regarding the process for viewing, completing your purchase, and taking possession of your new home at City Homes. Our process is designed to follow current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidance related to Covid-19. CDC guidance may change over the next several months as the Covid-19 situation evolves, and we will contact you directly to advise of any adjustments to the buyer process.  


Purchasing a new home is a very exciting time and we are working hard to ensure your buyer process is completed safely. Our goal is to provide homeowners with a positive experience and a high level of service which includes prioritizing your well-being.  

Covid-19 Disclaimer

Who Is My Homeowner Care Representative? 

Your Homeowner Care Representative is your main point of contact and is available to you as a resource for any construction or operations-related questions or concerns you may have about your future home. Your Homeowner Care Representative will oversee the inspection process to ensure you have all the information about City Homes and your suite. They will work directly with the Sales Agent(s) and Property Management team to ensure a smooth process from start to finish.


Your Homeowner Care Representative is a trained professional with extensive knowledge of the construction and real estate industry. They will act as a resource and support for you through the inspection process, including your Pre-Settlement Inspection and the 30-Day Post-Settlement Check-In.


More information regarding these inspections is provided below. 

Can I See My Suite Before Settlement?

Yes. Our team is working hard to prepare for your initial suite orientation, also known as your Pre-Settlement Inspection (PSI). The PSI is an opportunity, within the time allotted, for you to view your suite prior to closing, take any pictures or measurements you may need, and to familiarize yourself with the general features and operating systems within it. You will conduct the PSI alongside the Homeowner Care Representative who will be there to provide you with general information about the building and your suite, answer your questions, and track deficiencies should any be found.  


The Homeowner Care Representative is a trained professional who is working alongside the seller and the construction team. They have extensive knowledge of the industry and are a resource and support for you through the process. Your Homeowner Care Representative will reach out to you or your sales agent by e-mail or telephone to schedule your PSI appointment and provide you/and or your agent with all the information you need in order to make your PSI experience pleasant and productive.  


Please note, due to Covid-19 safety requirements, a maximum of 5 people (buyer(s), buyer’s inspector, Grosvenor Homeowner Care Representative and/or sales agent) are permitted to attend the PSI, and we ask that you do not bring children or pets to this meeting.  

How Can I Prepare For The Settlement Process?

Sales Agent: A sales agent is required to facilitate the purchase of your new home at City Homes. If you do not have one, McWilliams|Ballard is available to represent both seller and buyer.


Mortgage: If you have chosen to use a mortgage to finance your new home at City Homes, we encourage you to initiate your mortgage financing soon. If your financing is already in place, please forward the financing details to your Sales Agent at your earliest convenience. In addition, please advise your financial institution that appraisers will be able to view the suites after your PSI. Appraisal appointments can be made by contacting your Homeowner Care Representative.  Please note, financial institutions typically provide mortgage pre-approvals for a set period of time. We, as the developer, cannot guarantee your new home will be complete within your mortgage pre-approval window. Please maintain open communication with your

financial representatives as closing nears to ensure any alterations to your financing arrangements can be made, if needed. 

When Will I Know My Settlement Date?

Buyers will be notified immediately after we receive Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) and the Settlement Date will be set based upon the signed sales contract terms

I May Be Out Of Town On My Settlement Date.  Can I Change or Delay My Settlement Date?

The developer will work with buyers to determine an appropriate closing date based on the agreed to

sales contract terms.

I Am Currently Renting Somewhere Else - When Can I Give My Notice?

As the developer, we are unable to provide advice on this matter, other than to say that if you give notice

to your present landlord and your current lease/tenancy terminates before your new residence at City Homes 

is ready, you will be responsible for any interim accommodation and all associated costs

(i.e. moving costs, storage, etc.)  

Can I Delay My Move-In Until I Am Ready to

Move Out Of My Current Home?

Yes. However, this does not change your Settlement Date. 

When Will I Get My Keys?

At Settlement, the title company will provide the keys to you so long as all necessary paperwork has been completed.


We are not able to release keys prior to the Settlement Date. 

When Can I Schedule My Move-In Date?

Your move-in appointment can be scheduled on any date following your Settlement Date. Instructions regarding how to book your move-in date, including elevator reservation, will be included in the Welcome Package you will receive along with your keys.  Move-ins cannot be booked prior to Settlement.


Following your Settlement, any changes to your move-in appointment must be made

through the Move-In Coordinator:


Kathleen Hyder | Town and Country Movers Inc.

1-800-683-6683 |

What Is The "30-Day Check-In" Inspection?

Is This Common? What Can I Expect?

Our priority is to ensure you feel supported throughout this process and we do not think it should stop at Settlement. After you move-in, your Homeowner Care Representative will reach out to schedule a 30-Day Check-In follow-up. This is completely optional, however highly encouraged. This appointment is an opportunity to discuss any lingering or new questions you may have about the property and/or your suite. If there are deficiencies that remain to be addressed after closing due to delivery delays and/or unforeseen circumstances, this touchpoint serves as final confirmation the deficiencies were addressed and/or resolved as agreed to at closing.

When Do I Find Out My Parking Allocation?

Your Homeowner Care Representative will show you your parking allocation during your PSI.  

Is it Possible To Choose The Location Of My Parking?

No. Once you receive the location of your parking, the location cannot be changed. 

Will I Receive A Tour Of The Lobby & Building Operations

Before I Move-In?

Yes. Grosvenor’s Homeowner Care Representative will provide a building orientation during your PSI.

The building may be under construction during your PSI, which means that some common areas

may not be fully accessible.  

Do I Need To Set-Up A DC Water Account For My New Home?

Yes, prior to closing you will need to set up your DC Water and Pepco account for your suite.  

What Warranty Does The Developer Offer?

Please refer to your Purchase Contract, as well as the following information: Section 42-1903.16(b) of the Condominium Act of 1976 (Condominium Act) requires that a condominium developer warrant the condominium common elements and each condominium unit against structural defects for two years from the date each unit is conveyed from the developer to a purchaser. A “structural defect” is defined by the Condominium Act as:


1. a component installed by the developer diminishing safety or stability below standards commonly accepted in the real estate industry, or restricting “normally intended use” of part or all the unit and/or structure; and

2. which requires repair, renovation, restoration, or replacement.


Under the Condominium Act, a developer secures the warranty obligations by posting a bond, a letter

of credit or cash in the amount of 10 percent of the estimated construction or conversion costs to satisfy

potential structural defect claims.


 For individual units, the warranty period runs for two years, beginning on the date the developer conveys title to a unit purchaser. For common elements, the warranty period runs for two years beginning from the date the developer conveys the first unit to a unit purchaser or closing of the common elements, whichever date is later.

The Building Will Have A Condo Association Insurance, Do I Really Need Personal Insurance Coverage?

Yes. Unlike owning a single-family residence, condo dwellers do not own the whole building they live in or the land it sits on. Your condo or homeowner’s association will carry a master policy to insure the building and common areas, but you will need your own condo insurance policy to protect your unit and the personal belongings inside it.


Condo insurance covers what your HOA will not, like repairing the inside of your unit after disasters, replacing damaged or stolen belongings, and paying liability costs if guests are injured there. You’ll often see condo insurance described as HO-6 insurance, which refers to one of several home insurance policy forms used industry wide.


As mentioned in the “What Warranty Does the Developer Offer?” section, if you experience any issues that are covered by the Condominium Structural Defect Warranty you will not be required to make a claim under your personal insurance policy. Issues covered under the warranty will be resolved directly through a warranty claim with the DC Department of Housing and Community Development with no cost to you as the homeowner. 

© 2021 Grosvenor Americas. All rights reserved. | Privacy Policy

1500 Harry Thomas Way NE   

Washington, DC 20002  |  202.803.6355

This is not an offering for sale. Such an offering can only be made after filing a disclosure statement. The developer reserves the right to make changes and modifications to the information contained herein without notice. E&OE.

Take the Next Step.

For more information please call us at 202.803.6355.

Parking is included on the next contract. Learn how today.
Immediate Move-In | Townhomes priced from $699,900.

Pursuant to the District of Columbia Inclusionary Zoning program, income restricted units are available at this development.
Please contact the Department of Housing and Community Development at regarding the availability of such units and requirements for registration in the Inclusionary Zoning program.